CANDIDATE RESPONSIBILITIES: You are “interviewing” for a job and your “customers” will want to know how you intend to support them. CUSTOMER SERVICE is KEY. Of course, KEY to great customer service is LISTENING.
* Visit neighbors door-to-door to introduce yourself (and LISTEN to determine what issues are most important to them).
* Attend area clubs, churches, schools, organizations where you can LISTEN to discussions about issues and decide how you will address those issues.
* Determine your Campaign “Theme” (e.g., Economic Freedom, Missouri Rights, Missouri Education, etc.)
* Determine top issues you’ll focus on (e.g. Economy, Property Rights, Small Business, Education, etc.)
* Ask for endorsements from high-profile people and organizations that support your issues.
1. LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN
2. Make sure your issues relate to those that are most important to your CUSTOMERS.
3. If you are running against an incumbent, don’t tip them off too early (you want the best head start). Take the time to PLAN, PLAN, PLAN.
4. Reach out to your friends and family to help you execute your plans.